Our camera has officially bit the dust so I have no pictures, but Tyler is getting really good at standing on his own (no proof, but I am going to have to get a camera before their birthday so I'll get some pics soon). He has stood without holding on to something for up to a minute but still hasn't tried to take any steps. He stands and looks around for praise and promptly squats back down to crawl to his next destination. Katie is cruising around pretty good, but still has that very oddball crawl. She doesn't crawl as much as just scoots around on her bottom. She is the master stair climber though! She can make it all the way up if she doesn't stop halfway to sit for a minute (and falls of course when she tries). Yesterday she acted as if she was mad at me for standing behind her when she was climbing up - silly girl. She doesn't realize that if I wasn't there to catch her it would be a long, painful fall! I am looking into cheap solutions for getting a carpet runner or stair tread or something like that since I think it is going to be a good long while before I am comfortable with them climbing or going down the hardwood stairs and maybe carpet will be a little better! Of course, if I could figure out how to operate the stupid baby gates it might not be an issue. Needless to say installation is not my forte!
Katie waved bye bye yesterday - which for some reason she thinks should be followed by strumming her bottom lip while spitting. Tyler "barks" ba ba ba ba all the time and has gotten pretty good at ma ma. He still looks at me like I am insane, though, when I ask him to say bye bye or point to something. Katie's new favorite game is to give you something and when you say thank you she tries to imitate and says something similar but not quite sure what it is :-)! Katie is in LOVE with Marley and Marley has been surprisingly good with her. Katie is constantly trying to give her things, or pat her or grab her nose or tail and so far Marley has dealt with it. Marley is definitely glad when it is their bedtime or naptime though - she is glad for the break! Speaking of - just when I thought we might be able to push their bedtime back a little in celebration of them soon being ONE, they went and got super tired last night at 6:45 and were asleep by 7:10. Oh well, I am sure in the near future I will be wistfully thinking about these times of early to bed and sometimes wishing they were back again! As most of you know, I have to have something to worry about at all times and right now it is the transition from formula to milk and getting rid of bottles or not (especially since Tyler has not quite mastered the sippy cup). Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment