Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Uh, oh - they can do that?

So, we have been letting the kids pretty much roam where they want all over the downstairs and just keeping an eye out to make sure they don't get into trouble. Until yesterday they had pretty much avoided the dining room and staircase and stayed in the kitchen and living room trying to open drawers and cabinets and escape through any open doors available. Well, yesterday they watched their dad walk upstairs and you could literally see an idea form - we can climb the stairs too! I stood behind them to see what they would do and they were pretty good at climbing - Katie made it up two stairs before falling and I think Tyler would have climbed all the way up if I didn't stop him. Now, of course, they beeline straight to the stairs every chance they get - that is only if they are not distracted by an open back door, laundry room door, fridge door, pantry door, you get the idea. They are curious, curious and surprisingly fast with their odd little crawls!
Here they are plotting their next move.

And making a mad dash for the stairs! Tyler protesting after I told him no.

Poor, pitiful Katie's look when you tell her no! Luckily, they are still pretty easily distracted!

No comments: