Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Almost Halloween

The kids had their little Halloween party at Nana Pam's today. They must have had a good time because they were pooped tonight! They both took a little catnap in the car on the way home and then went to sleep about 20 minutes early with not even a whimper. I am dreading the time change coming up since it means the kids will wake up at the same time as usual and I DO NOT want 5:30 to become the new time to start the day! I guess we will have to tire them out good in the next week while they get used to it. That means plenty of time practicing climbing the stairs and playing on the bed - Tyler will LOVE it! Maybe this is the week that we can finally get Katie walking. She is getting oh so close and has taken a step here and there but no real walking yet. Lance thinks it will happen any day now and I think she has at least another month before she gets up the nerve - we'll see, I hope he is right. Not that I am super anxious to have two walkers (one runner now), but I really am ready to be done with the odd, kind of alarming crawl and I know she will be so proud of herself once she does it. Every little thing that she does in preparation already, like walking with one of their push toys or taking an itsy bitsy step, makes her look at us to see if we saw it, followed by a big grin. Speaking of grins, they weren't very forthcoming with them for picture time at Pam's - she has the same problem as me, they refuse to smile at the same time when the camera is on them!

Tyler blowing a kiss - he is sooooo sweet doing it and he is eager to show off his new skill as long as we don't request it :-). They will both clap or say hello or wave bye bye, etc. all day or night until we try to get them to do it for someone else!




No comments: