Saturday, December 5, 2009

A tree!

Well, for the first time in 10 years (since Lance and I have had a tree together) we have an artificial tree and I LOVE it! It was a great solution that we did not even think of!!! No branches that can be eaten or pine needles all over the floor, sturdier and less of a topple risk, less hassle relatively speaking, and it looks nice and will be around for years to come. The kids think it is pretty great too. Lance had put outside lights up too (great surprise) and when we came home I was carrying Katie in and she was mesmerized and pointing at them all. Then, when we walked in and the kids saw the tree with lights (undecorated in these pictures although now we have ornaments on the higher branches) they thought it was awesome.

Tyler eventually lost interest and decided to vacuum (a hobby I encourage)!

Today was "interesting." The kids woke up with runny noses (again) which did not bode well for a jam-packed day. We planned to go to pictures with Santa at Bass Pro Shops this morning, but decided against it when the kids were excessively snotty and were determined not to take a morning nap. We went to the birthday party of a friend's one year old where they were better than expected, but super sleepy. We were supposed to let them come home and nap and then go to a baby shower for some other close friends. I went to the shower without Lance and the kids when it seemed that the runny noses may be more cold related than teething (as we first hoped) and that the kids really needed a nap more than they needed to be around other children and pregnant women. One of Tyler's molars has finally cut through and he may be getting more and you gotta think that Katie will have another soon. This evening the kids were miserable!!! I think a combination of being over-tired, a little under the weather, and in a clingy stage anyway made them just extremely fussy and interested only in being held or having a tantrum. Let's hope they wake up tomorrow feeling better and maybe I will be able to take some Christmas pictures in front of the decorated tree!!!

There is no doubt that Katie looks just like her daddy, but I think He and Tyler look a lot alike here!

No comments: