Monday, May 10, 2010

Chuck E Cheese!

Chuck E Cheese is not the Showbiz of the olden days (aka when I was little). No dancing bears, or fiddle playing dogs, or anything like that - just characters on a screen for the most part. We went on Saturday night, though, and the kids thought it was great. Katie loved all of the little toddler riding toys - the car, the horses. Tyler was scared to death of all of them (just like the merry-go-round at the zoo), but had no qualms about giving the big Chuck E Cheese mouse walking around a high five (go figure). The one good thing about taking the kids at this age is that they don't really care about using up tokens - they just love the lights and don't know that the car they are sitting in is supposed to do anything. This is probably the cheapest time we will ever be able to do something like that!!!

Big thank you to Mimi and Aunt Liz who watched the kids while I played tennis Saturday morning! The kids had a big day!!! Sunday was great - went to breakfast at Loveless and then Lance watched the kids while I went to see a cheesy romantic comedy (too cute and fun to be able to actually watch and hear a movie). Mother's Day is so special these days and I am just so grateful for my two munchkins! I love my momma too and it made me so sad that I wasn't able to get anything into the mail for her (chaos of after the flood and lack of cash). I hope she knows that I think she is the best mom in the world and I try everyday to be as good to my children as she has always been to us.

This flood stuff is just horrible - it seems like everyday we learn of someone else who lost everything and the piles of people's stuff and house debris on lawns is horrifying. We are just now getting into seeing the residual effects - so many jobs lost (Lance's included - caddying is a no go because the golf course was destroyed and real estate is going to be horrible for a while with so many people looking at foreclosure and not being able to sell ruined homes), so many people with nowhere to live for the forseeable future, and just reality sinking in that this is going to be a hard hole for everyone to dig out of. We will all do it and everyone is helping everyone out which is fabulous - but it is heartbreaking. I know that we are extremely lucky and I am stressed because of the effect it is going to have on us - I can't imagine what people are going through who spent the last week throwing away all of their possessions, appliances, and drywall. Please keep praying for Nashville's recovery!

No comments: