Thursday, May 13, 2010

Diaper Issues

I don't know how much people without children hear about diaper issues - but there is a big stink in the news about the new Pampers and I am enraged! We have used Pampers since the kids were born and have always been big fans because they don't leak, fit well, etc. I have even recommended them to other Parents and defended them when others said they weren't worth the extra cost compared to Huggies or Luvs (both leaked horribly for us). Now, though, they are calling parents like me alarmists and liars and worse. Like me, because we join the ranks of thousands of other parents who are telling Pampers that their new diapers are causing severe rashes. Tyler and Katie both, but Katie worse, have blistering and inflamed rashes in their diaper area, on their back at the diaper line, and around where the diapers hit on the legs and in the waist. We took pictures that I won't post here, but just to show that this is real and not imagined like Proctor and Gamble and Pampers are trying to claim. These diapers do not react well to the skin of babies and we know that it is the fault of the Dry Max because it appeared when we started using them and nothing else is different. I really think that the thing to do is a recall and then the people who say their children aren't affected can just keep them and go on, but I really resent that Pampers is saying that we are fabricating these issues and that we are now just out money. I will not put those diapers back on my children and I don't think I am overprotective or easily swayed by public opinion about parenting much at all. I guess I should look at this as a good thing, though. I don't want to support a company that treats its consumers like this and now that they have shown their true colors this gives me the opportunity to find a new diaper loyalty (since we probably have a while still in diapers).

Despite the rashes, though, K & T aren't really phased (unless it is diaper changing time and then they are in heartbreaking pain). Here are some pics of them playing with sunglasses they got at a friend's daughter's birthday party.

Katie being silly as usual.

Tyler looking retro and studious. They were even being nice to each other (rare these days as evidenced by Katie's multiple Tyler bites). They still don't quite have their kisses coordinated.
I love Tyler's laugh - you just can't help but laugh with him when you hear it.


No comments: