Thursday, May 27, 2010

When It Rains It Pours

I can't stop crying - I don't know what we are going to do. Our daycare is closing, effective as soon as possible. Most of Lance's listings and clients are no longer happening because of the flood. The place he was working in the meantime to try to make ends meet was destroyed in the flood and not open. And now, the daycare where the kids have been since they were 8 weeks old, the place I trust and where my kids are happy, and the only affordable childcare in the area is no longer an option. I am just devastated. Other care arrangements won't give Tyler his breathing treatments, the kids will be in a completely different environment where they won't get the same kind of attention or leeway, and certainly won't work with us on price. Jeesh, I really hope that when things turn around all the good rains on us too. If any local folks know of a great daycare that is affordable and takes kids full-time please let me know!

On a positive note - two days without the pulmicort and Tyler is back to his old self. I really think the steroids just do a number on him and make him irritable and jittery. He, of course, is still a toddler when not on medication and has meltdowns and tantrums - but, they aren't as intense and seemingly out of the blue when he doesn't have the medicine. We are going to talk to the doctor and see what our options are - we have not given it the last couple of days because we couldn't get him to after the albuterol - but I am really going to push for a treatment that does not require steroids.

2 comments:

The Turner Family said...

First I am so, so sorry! I can't imagine how upset you are about the daycare. We are thinking of y'all and I hope that you can find another one.

Second- has Tyler tried Singulair? We've discovered that Robinson's asthma is allergy triggered and Singulair has really helped his wheezing and breathing.

Mrs. Katherine said...

Shellie, I'm so sorry! Something good will come out of all of this. In the meantime, I'm keeping y'all in my prayers. Harper's first daycare closed down on me out of the blue too. Check with the teachers first. If they're out of jobs, they may be willing to come to your home to watch the kids until you find something you're comfortable with. That's what I did. Then I found an awesome little school that she has been at for the last 2 years, and I love it! It will work out!