Well, after "intense" research (aka - google and message boards) I have determined that Katie's meltdowns at dinner time (4 nights in a row now) are completely normal for her age. At daycare she gets to sit at a "big girl" table and chairs and now doesn't want to have anything to do with being strapped into the booster. It's time to get them a table and chairs in their size since we have no table that they can sit at currently (stools and the picnic table aren't toddler friendly). So, I started looking around and the cheapest and cutest ones I can find are at Ikea and can only be purchased in the store. Alas, we don't have a store here and the big facebook push to get one hasn't been effective yet. I LOVE Ikea and probably actually don't want one here because it would make me shop too much thinking I am getting deals :-)! The Little Tikes and Step 2 ones are cute and will be fine and are what we will end up getting (when she starts to completely refuse to eat, I guess) - they have to be ordered online too and are still kind of pricey so I am scouring craigslist and may hit some garage sales!
The daycare saga continues. We have some good leads, but really it all boils down to finances. I am just more comfortable at a "real" daycare or school and think the kids would love it, but all we can afford is home daycare or a stay-at-home mom who probably doesn't realize how housebound she will become adding our two to the mix. Lance thinks I am being silly (and I probably am) even worrying that the kids need a pre-school type of environment, but I guess I just keep hoping that something will come along that will make the fees feasible at the school where I really want them to go. I have to decide soon, though, so I am meeting with some of the people who have expressed interest this week and hopefully one will seem like a great fit and that problem will be solved! We actually found a nanny who is willing to come to our house if she can bring her 3 month old son, for a great weekly rate, so we may be going in a completely different direction - crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment