Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fish Face

I hope that anybody who reads this knows that even though I may complain about the kid's typical "terrible twos" behavior - I am really having a great time. The kids are truly awesome, and this age is so fun. I guess you have to deal with tantrums and obstinance occasionally to truly appreciate those hilarious, super cute, unbelievably sweet moments that only happen with toddlers.
I never knew how bad I am at animal sounds until I started trying to think of and imitate them for the kids. They now know the sounds for every animal that I can think of a sound for and we have moved from "what does the animal say" to "what does the animal do?" So far we are pretty hung up on what a bunny does, "hop, hop, hop" and what a fish does - this:
Tyler doesn't quite have it, but you can see that he can barely contain his smile while trying to make the fish face.


You can't eat anything around these vultures these days. They, literally beg for a "bite," or a "sip," or "more" of anything you have regardless of if it is something that they wouldn't even touch if given to them on their own plates.

Poor Lance, he had to deal with three beggars for his sandwich.


They both won him over and coerced him into giving them a bite.


Tyler got his hair cut, finally! I'm pleased with it and he was so, so good at the salon (multiple people complimenting him on how patient and sweet he was being during the hour wait).

Katie needs her haircut, but she on the otherhand would not be complimented on her behavior if she had to wait! She was wearing my headband around the house the other day and has worn it for three days straight now - I think she thinks she looks cute in it and she doesn't want to take it off!

No comments: