Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Water" Babies

Well, I am super busy with two events now that I am back at work so I don't have much time, but wanted to check in! I had an awesome girls trip, but I think the kids may have even had more fun! They played in the baby pool with Grandma and B-Bob (Tyler's word for Grandbob), ate all sorts of new foods like key lime pie, strawberry wafers, and pickled okra (and loved it), and were generally just spoiled and doted on for 5 days!!! My mom says the kids were on good behavior and none of the things we were dealing with like carseat aversion, getting dressed meltdowns, and absolute refusal to put jammies on - happened. Never fear, though, the little rascals were up to their old tricks in no time and started all of that back again yesterday. They are doing so, so good with their words and even putting some short phrases together. They have almost mastered each other's names - which is so cute. Katie is even more silly these days, which I didn't even know was possible, and Tyler is trying to become Mr. Indpendent. He will have nothing to do with putting his clothes, or shoes on if we are trying to help him but if you ask him to do it himself he is all about it (too bad he hasn't quite figured out left and right foot and separate leg holes for shorts). They are starting to interact even more (in good ways and fighting unfortunately) and Lance even had them throwing the ball back and forth to each other last night (I had to work last night until after they were in bed and have to tonight too so I missed out on seeing that one - sure glad that I don't work these crazy hours all the time). Katie has a wicked left-handed line drive throw and Tyler is truly a monkey - he can climb on and up anything he sets his mind to. They played in the baby pool at their Great Uncle Bill and Aunt Niffa's house too and they took some fabulous pictures. Here are just a few of them - more to come since my mom took some too, I think, and there are more of these that I don't have time to download!


No comments: