An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Gotta Figure Out How to Block the Lock!
Still no camera (ugh - I can't imagine where the thing has gone) and our laptop crashed (I hope we can get it fixed so we can get pictures off of it since the camera card is also missing) - BUT, if I had the camera and a way to upload them there would have been some pretty funny pictures this morning! Yesterday I worked with volunteers to clean-up the playground at work (Tuesday morning storm took down some trees, and there were limbs and branches everywhere) and I was exhausted by the time bedtime rolled around. Apparently I was sleeping pretty deeply still this morning because I was awakened by Lance trying to coerce Tyler into unlocking the door! Yep, their door locks from the inside and I don't think Tyler did it intentionally but when Lance went in to see what all the commotion was about he couldn't get in! None of those little key things could be found on the tops of the doors so Lance was trying to explain to the kids how to unlock it (probably not good that now they know how they did it)! One of them finally managed to get it unlocked and when we got into the room a pretty funny fashion show was going on! They can dress and undress pretty well these days and Katie had changed her pajama bottoms and paired her sparkle hearts pajama top, with ladybug pants, pink cowboy boots, and yellow sunglasses. Tyler wasn't as extreme, but for some reason he decided snow boots were the way to go and sometime during the night or morning changed from his monkey pajama pants to alligator pants that were tucked into the boots! It was a sight, for sure. They are doing pretty well (now that they are in school for the week and we aren't dealing with nap time) with the big kids beds. They stay (still knocking on wood) in when we say goodnight and seem to only be getting out of bed at about 6:30 each morning- which isn't too bad, especially since they have the last few mornings (other than this one) gotten up and retrieved a book and gone back to sit on their beds until we come in at about 7:00. It is really odd for me to see how independent they have gotten, and want to be. They want to do everything themselves, and for the most part manage pretty well. They can climb in their carseats, get dressed and undressed, use the stool to get on and off the potty on their own (and Tyler already wants us to close the door - ha), and of course Katie thinks she can also pick out her own clothes and shoes (always fit for a princess or adorned with sparkles)! They are still testing and challenging quite a bit, but are proving that they are getting so big and that maybe mom and dad need to let go a little and let them grow up some - sniff, sniff! No big Memorial Day plans, but my trip to the beach (and the kids visit with their Pa Pa) isn't too far off and I am counting down the days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment