An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Sh*t Happens
Tonight I felt like it was the early days again, and it definitely made me grateful that our days and nights aren't like this too often anymore! It started off with us seeing a commercial featuring Barney, which made the kids beg to "watch a Barney show" (If you will recall from early posts when they were introduced to the big purple dinosaur at daycare, I despise Barney). It wasn't too bad, though, since the kids kind of reverted and were both sitting on my lap as we watched an episode On Demand. It was fun to just spend some time with them calm and chatty and cute as can be. BUT, my disposition changed drastically during dinner time. Before we got in our chairs I took Katie to potty and she did good and it presented the millionth opportunity to praise her for being a big girl and to reiterate that we only "go" in the potty. Her understanding of that and her pride in saying "I a big girl mommy," lasted all of about 10 minutes. She told me her bottom hurt, which is her way of saying she has to use the bathroom so I asked her if she needed to potty. She told me no and said again that she was a "big girl, I no poopoo on myself," and I stupidly believed her. She then proceeded to have a major blow-out - all over the chair, her Dora dress (that she still insists on wearing anytime she sees), her legs, somehow her belly - you get the idea. So I got her cleaned up and got them into the bathtub (after Tyler used the big potty while I was dealing with Katie). They are in the bathtub and everyone is happy and then Tyler says he has to poopoo. I go to get him out (with shampoo still in his hair) to let him go to the potty only to see that he must have meant to say that he already went! So, I turn on the shower and tell Tyler (who loves showers) to get in there and hurry to get Katie out. She decides the is going to "help me" get the shampoo out of Tyler's hair and is shuttling poopoo water from the bathtub to the shower in a cup and dumping it on Tyler and me while I try to wash out his hair. I finally get them both out and dried off, and Katie says she has to peepee and runs to the frog potty in her room (she didn't quite make it and peed on the rug) only to poop again, in the potty that doesn't flush, of course. Needless to say I was very happy when Lance made it home, and he probably wasn't too happy that I left the frog potty and the bathtub for him to deal with. It was a complete debacle, but I guess it was a bit better than when they were infants because at least this time they were communicating with me rather than just screaming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment