Today is my third Mother's Day as a mom. It just keeps getting better and better. I feel so blessed to be "mommy" to K&T and have definitely shed a few tears today. Not only because I am just overcome with the emotions of gratefulness for getting to celebrate this day and love for the two most awesome munchkins in the world, but also because the kids are staying with their grandma in Florida and only a few hours after we dropped them off I miss them terribly (which is crazy since they wouldn't even be awake right now normally, but I keep thinking about not hearing them in the monitor when I wake up or talking to them and singing with them tomorrow morning on the way to school). They will have a blast, and I admit that it will be fun to spend some time with Lance and maybe even go out on a "school night" sometime this week, but they are so much fun right now and I don't want them to A) be mad at us for leaving them or wonder where we are and why we aren't there or if we are coming back, or B) I really enjoy our conversations these days (Katie is starting to "get it" when it comes to having a real convers ation and she is hilarious telling me all sorts of things that can only make sense to a 2.5 year old) and I don't want to lose track of what they are thinking and what they are excited about right now! They are in a super cute I Love You, I give you lots of kisses and "BIIIG" hugs stage and I hope that isn't over by the time they return. Nevertheless, my kids love their grandparents, swimming and playing on the beach, and new experiences so I know that this will be a fun week for them, and that makes it manageable to have a quiet house and a little less responsibility for a bit even if it is much more stressful than it should be for their crazy, anxious, overprotective mama.
We had a fantastic weeekend. We had a birthday party for two little girls of some good friends of ours, and then went to Chuck E. Cheese (intended to go to Chuy's but they had an hour wait and the Cheese is still relatively inexpensive for our kids since they enjoy games even with no tokens and love pizza). Mother's Day morning we went to breakfast with the Nashville grandparents and then went to see my mom and Grandma - it was soooo good to see everyone. I don't guess that I will have much to update this week, but if my mom (hint, hint) sends me some pictures of the kids in Florida (I wish they talked around other people, rather than clamming up until we are back to just the four of us because the way they say Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee are sooo super cute) I will definitely post!
No comments:
Post a Comment