I just can't decide! Sesame Street Live is here tomorrow morning at 10:30 and I think the kids would enjoy it but for $71 (for four people with a promo code) I want to be sure. They know all of the characters and really enjoy them, but I don't know how they will do trying to stay tuned to a live production. Other options like going to the splash pad (free, but an hour away) or swimming at the Y (indoor) may win out. Decisions, decisions. I had decided we probably wouldn't do it, and then last night we were reading a book and they named all of the Sesame Street characters and made me re-think!
I have researched some solutions for our getting out of bed issue. It seems that our problems aren't very common - the most often recommended solution won't work for us. Everyone says to just remove everything from their rooms other than their beds. Well, the biggest things that they are doing would still happen if it was only them and their beds in the room - they could still turn the light on (but not turn it off because they aren't quite tall enough), jump from their beds to the pile of pillows and blankets they make on the floor, and practice taking the outlet covers in and out (I really thought those things would be more child-proof - I can barely get them out). So, before we try the completely bare room approach I am going to try some of the other things that were suggested. Some folks said to get those black-out shades and put them on the windows since they won't be as apt to run around and play if it is dark (it would probably help them sleep better too in the mornings). Others said to switch to twin beds since those aren't as easy to jump from and get in and out of and makes them feel like they are really in a big bed (still the issue of getting mattresses and bedding, though). We are doing the sticker chart to mixed results - it isn't really working for bedtime, but I have noticed that they are sharing better and being sweeter to each other because anytime we notice them doing something nice or sharing we praise them and give them a sticker and they love it, so we will keep doing that. A lot of people sit in the room until they go to sleep and I really, really don't want to start that but I guess we will if they keep pushing the envelope.
All in all it has been a good week, and I am hoping for a good weekend. The kids have been really chatty in the car to and from work/school and I have enjoyed hearing them talk about really, really random things :)! Tyler has started pretending that he has a blue house somewhere, and the toys and people that are at his blue house are sometimes astounding. Plus, even though they aren't staying in bed, they haven't been whining or screaming too much, just mischevious. I am still nervous about the switch in a couple of months to separate classrooms, but I am starting to see that they might really enjoy catching up with each other after a day spent apart and it will probably be fun to hear what they talk about!
No comments:
Post a Comment