Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dance Pictures!

I really don't like to post pictures of only one of the kids, but in this case I am thinking it's OK!  Katie had her dance pictures made a while back, and today we had rehearsal for Saturday's recital and got to pick them up.  They are pretty cute - I didn't spring for the digital copies so these are just pictures of the actual photos taken with my camera -  but you get the idea.

The kids officially start their new school on June 25th!  They have been behaving well lately, and really seem to be having a good time so there will definitely be an adjustment, but it will all work out well eventually I trust.  Thanks to the state of Tennessee the school decision has been made - they changed the cut-off birthdate for starting and the kids just miss it next year so they will be 5 almost 6 when they start Kindergarten.  It is what it is, and unless we pursue gifted testing and placement for them, it is really the only option.  We will know more about their readiness after this year.


I had a great Mother's Day - brunch at Copper Kettle and dinner with the Nashville side of the family at Flemings.  The kids did wonderful at both meals, and really made my day!  The recital is this weekend, and it is not too long until I take the kids with me to my dad's and then I go on to my annual beach trip with the girls.  We are trying to figure out a time for the kids to spend with my mom before they start the new school, so lots going on in the next couple of months! We really want to get them in to swim lessons, but the next one starts the Saturday I am on my girls trip and with only four sessions, missing one and the first one at that, is probably not a good idea. 

I am sure I will have more pictures to post after Saturday - we have a birthday party after the recital, and may even try to get the flip video to work and post here!

No comments: