We were prepping for our garage sale on Friday night, so not much excitement - but we had a jam-packed Saturday to make up for it! We were up early to move stuff out of the garage. Ray-Ray and So-So watched the kids for us Saturday morning while we manned the sale - which was a big help. We didn't have as many folks looking for kid stuff (the bulk of what we had) as we hoped, but we did manage to sell some things and offered some things for free once the neighborhood sale was over. We got a lot of stuff out of our garage, which is a good thing. If we can get rid of the ping pong table (so sad) and put up some shelves we may have some room in there for a car, or more likely a kid activity area this winter.
I left Lance to manage the sale on his own while I took Katie to a birthday party. She had a blast, it was a princess party with everything pink - cake, cookies, lemonade, even the popcorn. Rapunzel made a surprise appearance, too, and sang songs and read books with the girls.
We left the party a bit early to come home and meet Cousin Jack who graciously agreed to watch the kids while we went to the Florida/Vandy game tailgate. Big thank you to Jack and Liz (who came a little later to take over for Jack) for helping out with K&T! The game didn't turn out as we hoped, but it is always fun to be at a sold-out game and tailgating is great since it provides a rare opportunity to catch-up with friends, have adult conversation, and be a little social with someone other than ourselves!
We had plans to go to a family picnic for the kid's school but it was cancelled because of weather. I have been looking for an opportunity to go to the pumpkin farm, but if we do get rain and thunderstorms (looking like it miiiiight miss us) that isn't a good option for today either. We are watching for the rain right now (super windy) and I am being begged to go to the park and take some bubbles (and kites, but we don't have any and I don't think I am crafty enough to make them) so we are on stand-by until we know if it misses us or not! I am super stressed right now so I think a fun, cheap afternoon activity will do us all good - just have to get creative if we get storms. Maybe I can get the kids to help me organize the garage :)!

No comments:
Post a Comment