Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tumble Tots

Well, after much debate and trying to get the kids to tell us what they are most interested in, I think we are going to do the Tumble Tots class again starting next week through December 6th.  We'll re-group after that and decide if we are going to put Katie back in dance, if we are going to let Tyler try Taekwondo (he is fascinated by it and I think it would be good for him), or if we are going to put them in soccer.  We are mid-season for dance anyway, and Lance has loyalties to the school Katie was going to but they don't offer evening classes so we have to try to figure out if we can make it work with Lance working weekends and me trying to get tennis in every now and then.  Katie actually chose Tumble Tots when I asked her if she would rather do that or dance, and that works for me since it is 8 weeks for $65 verses $65 per month at dance plus required outfits and shoes.  I am sure Katie will change her mind and want to go to dance, but for right now she was tumbling all over the house this morning so I think she is excited!  The only problem is that it starts at 5:00 (why nobody offers anything for working parents I still don't understand) which means leaving work early and really pushing to get there.  I don't know if I want Lance to be able to help or not, since not as much free time means more business :) - but I am sure he will be able to get them on days that I can't make it work.

So-So and Ray-Ray are taking us to Disney on Ice this weekend and the kids are super excited.  At first they thought we were going to Disney World (and got to go on an airplane), but once we explained they decided this will be super cool too.  We really want this to be the year for Disney too though.  Everyone we have talked to has said that this is a great age for it, and to definitely do it before they get in school so you can go at off times that don't have to work with the school calendar.  We are not in a position to afford it right now, but once we get back on track (fingers crossed) we will start a Disney Fund!!!  We will try to make it out to the Pumpkin Farm this weekend, and the kids are having a blast preparing for Halloween in their class.  Next weekend what I knew would happen, has happened and it was predictably a disaster when I told Tyler - a little girl in Katie's class is having a princess birthday party girls only invited.  He is distraught - but we'll try to make it a special day for him too.  We had thought that it might be the Vanderbilt/Florida game (time was just announced) and Tyler could go to that, but it is now a night game which is really fun (and I hope Lance and I can find a way to go) but it is not really appropriate for children at night game tailgates, even at Vanderbilt!

Sorry for the wordy posts lately.  I will definitely try to remember the camera for the Disney show and the Pumpkin Patch!

No comments: