This weekend we are participating in a neighborhood yard sale. We have no tables, no clothing racks and lots and lots of stuff - but even if we have to just set it out in the grass and say take it (although I hear that pricing it make things go faster because people think they are getting deals) then at least we will be making progress to actually be able to move around in our garage! I don't know how we are going to manage trying to get ready for that this week (I am talking lots of stuff), but since it is already advertised and there will be others in our neighborhood having sales too we are motivated to make it happen! Katie has a birthday party on Saturday and Lance (who is a garage sale newbie) is worried that I am going to leave him to deal with a ton of people, but I have assured him that 11:00 AM on garage sale days is not the busy time - it will be at 6:00 AM when we are frantically trying to get everything out of the garage, get the kids fed and keep them out of the way :)!
We have a picnic for the kids school on Sunday, and I still want to make it out to the Pumpkin Farm sometime before October is over (but unfortunately they don't open until 1:00 on Sunday which means Lance can't go). I have kind of given up on getting to go to the Auburn and Florida games, but we are still searching for a sitter (could use the service, but it just wouldn't be financially responsible at this point). It's kind of funny because for the first time ever Lance and I were talking last night about the possibility of moving for a job if it was a good one for him (I am fortunate that my career isn't location dependent). It was never, ever an option when we were younger and before we had kids, primarily because we couldn't imagine missing games :). Now, though, we realize that it is going to be difficult even living in the same town as our teams, and this is before soccer, karate, dance, you name it, really kicks in! Tumble Tots starts this week and Tyler, especially, is super excited. The kids and I did play soccer in the yard yesterday, and I am now anxious to start them in that because they really had a blast trying to take the ball from me and kicking it in the goal and I know they (Katie) would like it even more against people their own size!
No comments:
Post a Comment