The kids did the same super cute card for Lance as they did for Mother's Day, and since we have trouble keeping up with the million pieces of paper they bring home I thought I would post their responses here! When they were asked to say why their dad is funny Katie said because he tickles me, and Tyler said when he tells me jokes. In response to "my dad thinks I am funny when" Katie said "when I tickle him" and Tyler said "when I tell jokes." Katie said his favorite thing to do is work (? - probably because it seems that he is always there) and Tyler said more accurately "watch golf." When asked what his job is Tyler said "to sell houses," and Katie similarly said "to get money for us to get to go places :)." They said he loves to eat tacos and hamburgers (Tyler) and Katie said casseroles (not so much, but he has gotten better about them). Katie said he is really good at "moving stuff," and Tyler said "driving." Katie said her dad loves it when she "wants to rub his back" (so true), and Tyler said when he hugs him (also very true). When asked what their dad always says Tyler said "hi" and Katie said "chicken finger" - which is what he says when he wants them to smile for a picture. They very sweetly said their favorite thing about dad is: he hugs me and he loves me and I love him (Katie), and I love him and when he tells me jokes (Tyler).
We had a fun-filled, busy day today. The kids were with So-So and Ray-Ray while I played tennis this morning, then we went to the pool with a friend of theirs from school, and then to a super fun, Superhero birthday party. Katie was one of only two girls, but she loves playing pretend so it was a good time. These are some of their current classmates, and unfortunately they may end up being back with them next year since we are on two wait lists for aftercare with very little hope of getting in to either program. We just cannot have no back-up for picking them up at school at 3:00, or on school breaks, or snow days, etc. and may have to delay their Kindergarten start if we can't come up with a solution. Most days we will probably be able to make it work with one of us able to get them, but since both of us work full-time there are certain to be days when we both have afternoon meetings, or will not be able to take a day off if school is out. It is incredibly frustrating, and the wait lists indicate that others are in the same boat so hopefully there is a way to work it out that I haven't thought of yet! If not, we just may up and move somewhere super affordable and I will home-school the monsters :)!

No comments:
Post a Comment