Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Woohoo!

Well, nothing is set in stone but I think we may have found someone to watch the kids or are at least going in the right direction!  Yesterday I did everything I could think of to find someone whose schedule would allow for picking up the kids and keeping them for a couple of hours after school three days a week.  I had some responses of people who wanted them to ride the bus to their house since they were already keeping younger kids full time (not sure I am comfortable with that and Lance definitely isn't since he was never a bus rider), or some who didn't have transportation and wanted to know if there was a bus route nearby (there isn't and I think some days they would need to be picked up rather than walked home).  That question did remind me though that I would need to provide booster seats for whoever will be getting the kids - Lance will eventually need new ones anyway since he is still using the ones from when they were little!  I was getting a bit discouraged and even talked with my boss about needing to switch my hours for more days that I initially thought (without help I will do two days picking them up and Lance will try to do three and we'll see how it goes).  Finally, though, I heard from someone who I think is a good option.  I contacted my sorority at Vanderbilt and she passed it along to a Senior girl who is taking a light load this upcoming year and will be able to do it!  The only problem is that she will not be back in town until August 19th, and I will meet her then and cross my fingers that it is a good fit since it would be difficult to find someone else that late in the game.  We can do it for the first month and then it will be great to have a little help!  It is such a relief to feel like this might work out, and now I can finally start working on purchasing school supplies, uniforms, backpacks, etc. without feeling like it might be a waste!  I have been looking around at uniforms, especially for Katie since she really needs a smaller size, and it is crazy that all of the small sizes are sold out at most of the retailers - I guess that is why everyone advised to do it early.  They just don't sell a lot of girl clothes with collars in solids, I guess, and especially if you need toddler sizes!  I did find some at Lands End that are a bit pricier, but hopefully they will hold up through the year until we need to purchase long sleeves and pants - and hopefully they won't have a super huge growth spurt either!

No comments: