Well, the Tooth Fairy visited us last night - Tyler lost his first tooth! He was so excited to go to school the morning he lost it - he said "it's a great day to lose a tooth." He felt like such a big kid, and was anxious to share his news with his other friends who are also missing teeth. He asked me to feel it as he was eating breakfast and I did and was shocked - it was very, very loose. I didn't think it coming out was imminent, though, so I didn't think anything of it until he asked me to feel another one that he thought was loose (it is) and I realized that the first one was missing! He must have swallowed it with his cereal. I am really hoping that we get an actual tooth for the next one - and that should happen any day now.
He told me before he lost it that he didn't think he believed in the Tooth Fairy. He started asking questions about her and I think decided he thought it was worth it to play along. We went to dinner with So-So and Ray-Ray (where they gave the kids super cute Tooth Fairy pillows) and were talking about Presidents (their current school assignment) and started looking at who was on coins. We opted to give $5 to Tyler for his first tooth (a Facebook poll indicated that this is pretty normal, followed by $1 for those after). He woke up very early and came in to our room. I asked if the Tooth Fairy had visited and he said "not yet, maybe she will while I am in here." We knew that she had come overnight so I asked him to bring me his pillow and he did and he thought it was still his note folded into the pillow pocket until I told him to check again. When he saw the bill he was kind of deflated and said "awww, I wanted her to bring lots of money like So-So gave me." So-So gave him a quarter, penny, dime and nickel - and apparently he wanted a repeat of that a whole lot more than a five dollar bill. He said, "maybe when I lose this next one she will bring me real money." Lesson learned!
Katie has been handling it pretty well. I toyed with asking the Fairy to give her a little something, too, but Lance discouraged it and I think he is right. Her time will come, and Tyler is kind of relishing in the idea that he is "bigger" than his sister! We enjoyed a beautiful day, today and hope this outdoor weather continues tomorrow! We are going to breakfast in the morning and Tyler told me he is "going to eat syrup since it is sticky and might get his tooth out." I guess he is more enthralled with this Fairy business than he initially led on!

No comments:
Post a Comment