Well, we have been considering selling the house to be closer to the golf course where the kids can use these anytime they want! They are so excited about their new clubs, and can't wait to try them out. Tyler has a lefty set (he seems to swing rackets and clubs, and throw balls, etc. better with his left, but writes with his right and a friend passed along a left-handed set that we think will be perfect), and Katie has pink clubs, of course. We'll probably just go to an open field at first, but I know they are anxious to put their clubs on the back of the cart "like dad," too and if we live on the course like we hope, we can go out late afternoon and play around a bit when nobody is playing.
So, in trying to head off any disasters when we sell our house if we find the perfect one and have to move quickly (which is definitely the case in the market around there these days), we are trying to do some prep work that will have to be done to put ours on the market and decided to have a termite inspection. Our back door has some water damage, that we were afraid was damage of another kind. The good news is that the termites were not the culprit for the door, the bad news is that we do have termites. They are in the mulch surrounding the house and have not invaded the house...yet. We are getting the whole house treated - those things gross me out, not to mention how destructive they can be. That is just step one in all of the projects we need to complete - painting, caulking, staining, cleaning out garage and closets, etc., etc., but it really is good news that they aren't as bad as we feared because we definitely wouldn't have been moving if we had to pay for lots of termite damage!
The focus on getting the house in shape to sell has also made me really stressed about how chaotic and cluttered our house is (not to mention the lack of time we have to get anything done), and makes me realize that showing the house for any length of time will be a nightmare. But, I just so happened to read two articles today that really hit home. One was by a grandmother who noted things she would do differently if she was able to have a do-over on raising her family. The other was by a mom who lost one of her five year old twin boys suddenly to cancer. Both said that they regret being worried about clean rooms (that would sooner than they knew be empty), laundry put away, and keeping the house in order. While I am not going to live in a pig sty, I am going to grab on to that (it is almost at lifeline status right now with my stress level) and try to let it go a little more often, and spend that time having more fun with the kids (maybe even singing "Let it Go," which Katie loves to do). I know that their memories of me playing with them will mean a whole lot more than my begging and yelling for them to help me clean. I worry what people will think, and that is silly - the only people who I really care what they think are my family and I know that they definitely don't mind the school house complete with stuffed animal students, currently set up in our living room. I love listening to them play and pretend, and I don't want them to be confined to their room away from me having that kind of fun that is so short-lived!
That being said, we really are entering a really difficult month. Our sitter's last week is next week, and that means 5 weeks of Lance and I trying to figure out how to pick the kids up from school every day at 3:00. That schedule wrecker coincides with a really busy time at work for me, and lots of things on the calendar otherwise, too. We'll figure out how to make it work, though (even if I have to quit my job - ha), and it will make our early summer vacation even better! I still can't believe that Kindergarten is almost over, either!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment