Well, it was a gorgeous day today - warm and sunny - good thing because we had lots of outdoor activities to squeeze in! We had soccer games (still no goals scored, but Katie is oh so close, and Tyler still isn't at the point of caring), soccer pictures and snack duty so our morning and early afternoon meant we were definitely on the go. Late afternoon we had a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt and cookout. My contribution to the meal was deviled eggs - I picked something easy but it still meant every spare minute between soccer and the shindig was spent preparing those. The kids hid our eggs while I was cooking (all of the neighbors put eggs in their front yards for all the kids to find), and when I went out I only saw 3 of 24 of the eggs despite me telling them to hide them easy for the little ones. We re-hid the eggs (making some really easy for the younger ones to find), and went around the neighborhood collecting shortly after that. The egg hunt was followed by hot dogs and hamburgers and the kids all playing and having fun on a gorgeous evening to be outside.
Tyler was really into it, but was good about only getting a few eggs in each yard to leave some for the littler ones (there are only 10 kids in our small neighborhood, but some grandchildren joined in the fun).
Katie got plenty of eggs, but wasn't quite as aggressive. I am hoping that I can sneak a few of the eggs collected to give for their school hunt where we have to take a dozen for each, but they have already counted the eggs and sorted the candy, so that might be difficult :)!
The most important thing that happened today, though, is that it is my mom's birthday!!! Happy Birthday, Momma!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment