Katie made her first (and second) goal today in her soccer game! Of course, I missed this game to play tennis - but I could tell at other games and practice that she was close. She is quite the little defensive player, but it seems that she might have figured out the offense part of the game, too - yay! Tyler paid more attention this time (I made it to his game), and got better on defense, and almost made a goal - but he still isn't too sure about the physicality of the game and doesn't like to get in the group (it is 4 and 5 year olds after all) going after the ball. He is doing really great at dribbling and controlling the ball - but alas, that doesn't do him much good at this level - it will be a plus when he gets older though when it isn't so much about biggest and toughest!
This was after her goal - she was STILL grinning ear to ear anytime someone mentioned it hours later!
After both soccer games, we went to Edwin Warner park where they have a "nature play" area - aka the "mud park." We met up with a friend from preschool and all three of them had so much fun, and despite how dirty they were (nothing to change into to get into my car) I had a lot of fun too - just watching them play in the mud and in the creek, and just having fun like I remember growing up (mud pies and creek playing were on the agenda often for me)!
Mud Mountain!
Collecting water from the creek, because they needed "more mud."
Tyler was a mess - but he sure did like the mud slide he created.
No comments:
Post a Comment