Ok, this was what I did on my lunch break today - not as productive as I should be but it was fun! Check out my little elves!
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/p7Oj3DA70Du0v178Pluv
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/0EaCo58NT3K00GPsJ5dQ
The babies (mainly Katie) have been pretty fussy the last couple of days - I think Katie is sick of being stuffy and they may be heading in to their 3 month growth spurt. Yep, that's right - can you believe it, the munchkins are 3 MONTHS OLD today!!! We just bought level 2 nipples for them in hopes of getting Katie to speed up a little bit and not start talking and smiling and looking around quite so much when she is supposed to be eating! But, I am of course scared to death of using them - we already had one choking incident - I don't want to be the cause of another! This parenting thing is pretty tough - decisions are difficult for me anyway, but when they affect my little ones they are even harder! We will probably give it a couple of weeks and then give it a go.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving I just want to mention "publicly" that I of course am overjoyed at Katie and Tyler and the blessings they are in our lives and I am immensely thankful for them but, I don't think I say it enough that this whole new parent experience would not be nearly as wonderful if I didn't have literally the best husband in the world! He is truly amazing - he is hands-on parenting as much as if not more than me and is reallly an awesome father already. I really don't know how people do this whole twin thing with unsupportive husbands, and I know that I am very, very lucky to not only have one that is supportive and willing to be there for me and the kids no matter what, but that he also truly loves us all and spending time with us and being a parent and watching the babies grow and change and that he is as completely enamored as I am :-)! I try to tell him how much I appreciate everything he does, but in the course of every day stuff it often gets lost and in these stressful (should the Holidays really be SO trying?) days I don't tell him enough that I am truly thankful for him too! He is letting me go have sushi (still haven't had any since the pregnancy!!!) tomorrow night, go to a brunch on Saturday and he has yet to go to a basketball game this year, has missed a ton of Titans games, and hasn't gotten to play golf more than once or twice - I hope that we can find a way financially and otherwise to let him not have to miss so much in the future, but he really doesn't complain (too much) - wow is all I can say!
No comments:
Post a Comment