Sunday, January 25, 2009

Big THANK YOU!

Tyler and Katie's grandparents (So So and unnamed Grandpa :-)) babysat last night - thank you so much to them for watching the munchkins! Lance and I went to sushi dinner and a movie (Marley and Me) and had a great time. I can tell I am getting old, though! We used to do that sort of thing all the time and now we get home and realize that with no drinks, and a relatively cheap dinner we still managed to spend $80! That is a pretty spendy night out! It definitely wouldn't be doable if we were paying a sitter, so we are very grateful to get the help from the grandparents!!! I don't think the babies were on their best behavior (some fussing and crying as is pretty typical of them right now - only wanting to be held and entertained), but we got a great night's sleep. Tyler was up enjoying a backrub from So So when we got home and mean mom made him go to sleep instead of finishing watching the movie they were watching, but they slept until 2:30ish and got up and took a bottle and then went right back to sleep and slept until 7:00 this morning - woohoo! That is definitely doable!!!

Funny little Katie has started rolling all around her crib - not rolling over yet but getting on her side and somehow managing to turn every different direction in the crib. It is pretty obvious that Tyler is just a bit behind her in most things - he has started doing "crunches" too and talking a bit more so I am sure the rolling around for him is not far behind (although right now he is able to scoot his way around his crib too). We are going to start giving them oatmeal in the morning too and next week we are introducing veggies - I think we are going to start with carrots, blech! Tyler, especially, is trying to start not going to sleep as well and waking himself up moving and talking so we have started "Ferberizing" them - so far, so good!

No comments: