I think we are coming up on a time when the babies are learning all sorts of new tricks, most of which aren't the least bit interesting to people who aren't their parents, I'm sure, but it is pretty fun. I told Lance at lunch today (yep, we went to lunch together - it was good and made me realize that sometime we can get someone to watch them in the daytime when they are a little less "trouble" and go to a movie, lunch, etc.) that we need to take some video tonight of some of the adorable things they are doing that they won't be doing for too much longer. When Katie gets excited she bicycles her legs really fast and lets out a big squeal - it's like she is so excited she just can't contain it. Tyler (in my opinion) is closer to rolling over and can get on his side now and soon will be all the way over so I want to get some video of these first efforts! I at least need to get video since I am doing horribly with keeping up with the baby books - I have no clue when their first smile or laugh was.
One that I do need to write down is their first rice cereal attempt - last night!!! It didn't go great, but it was a good first step. Katie made a horrible face but did "accidentally" get a little only to promptly spit it back up. Tyler was giving it a valiant effort, but he got frustrated pretty quickly because he was very hungry and he couldn't get enough, fast enough off the spoon. We are going to try again and feed him a few ounces more before we start with the cereal so he won't be so frantic. All in all it was a good first effort, they still hate their bumbos though (and are too small for the high chairs) so we don't really have a good method yet for trying to spoon feed them.
Here are some pictures of the adorable little munchkins. It is COOOOLD here today (and only getting worse they say) so we had them in their outfits that Uncle Tommy gave them, the sweaters that So So knitted for them, and they wore shoes for the first time. Of course, the camera was in my freezing car all weekend so it wasn't working too well this morning, but we did get a few pics! Another of their "tricks" is that they love, love, love holding onto blankets, lovies, our clothes, their clothes, really whatever they can get their hands on and they really love putting them in their mouths and covering their faces!!! I was worried at first and constantly moving the blankets off their faces, but somehow they inevitably find a way to get them back up there so I've ended the losing battle!

Tyler, "talking"!

Katie now has MULTIPLE chins, and the fattest, cutest "little" face.

Mom, where is my blankie?
No comments:
Post a Comment