Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wow!

Well, last night I played tennis for the first time in a year, literally. It was fantastic (well, not the actual playing, but at least the experience), but poor Lance had his hands full. Feeding two ravenous four-month olds who can't really sit-up all that well rice cereal is impossible, so Lance tells me. I know that it stresses me when both of us do it so I can't even imagine. We also, just last night, decided to put them in sleep blankets instead of the swaddle. They are just breaking out of the swaddle too much and waking themselves up and getting the blanket up over their faces, so we figure the time has come to let them sleep unbound. The timing could not have been worse! The babies are just now discovering how fascinating their hands are and are constantly sucking on them, which does not bode well for sleep time with hands-free! Katie did alright, slept pretty well until 1:00 (yep, really early for them) and then when she got put back down she continued to "talk" (loudly as is her new skill and favorite noise) for TWO HOURS. Tyler, on the otherhand, was not talking, but rather crying, spitting out his paci, coughing (he seems to have gotten ANOTHER cold), and then crying some more off and on all night. It was an experience, that's for sure and I am betting that Lance is wishing that I would abandon tennis and stay home and help with baths, feeding, and bedtime so maybe that doesn't happen! It is good for me, though and I really enjoy it, and my philosophy on this whole thing is that this too shall pass and we are not going to be in sleep hell forever, I hope!

The unfortunate news, for Lance anyway, is that I have a board meeting tonight that I must attend which means it is last night, round two. I have an awesome husband, who does all this with minimal grumbling, so here's hoping that tonight goes a whole lot better for him and if not that at least Vandy kicks some UT butt (basketball game this evening)!

No comments: