Tuesday, February 3, 2009

St. Jude

I have been listening to the St. Jude telethon today and the stories are heartbreaking. We unfortunately do not have the financial capacity to give at this time, but the work they do is phenomenal and it is one of the most amazing places and so deserving of support. Listening to the stories reminded me that I have SO much to be grateful for and made me realize that sleep, and eating, and milestones mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. I love Tyler and Katie with all my heart and am going to do a better job of just enjoying every minute with them and being grateful that they are in our lives, and not sweat the small stuff! I never knew that I had the capacity to love this much and I need to remember each and every day that I am blessed to have these two precious babies who are healthy and happy and that they won't be this small for long. I want to be here to watch them grow and become the people they are meant to be and if they want to check in with mom and dad in the middle of the night for now then that is alright with me :-)!

No comments: