Tuesday, February 3, 2009

All is well

Not much to update right now, and no new pictures :-(. The babies are 5 months old! Poor little Tyler has a bit of diarrhea - and is still rattling and stuffy - poor little guy just gets the worst of everything going around. He is happy and content though, and it doesn't seem to really bother him so that's good! We had a Super Bowl get-together and they did great. It was fun to see their friend Susan and they didn't fuss at all - I think all of the commotion just overwhelmed them and they kind of just sat there taking it all in.

They are still waking in the middle of the night - suggestions, advice are welcome! I don't think they need the middle of the night bottle anymore but when they wake up they will just not go back to sleep until they get some food. We have two stubborn ones on our hands (imagine that) and they just cry and cry. They do wear themselves out crying and go to sleep, but it is a pattern of cry, sleep for 10 minutes, cry some more and that just doesn't cut it!!! So, we are still giving them the bottle and then they go back down. I am willing to do it for another month or two because it isn't THAT bad to be up for 30-45 minutes, BUT I think I am getting caught up in the my baby does this competitiveness of mommyhood and ours are the only ones that I know of that are still not sleeping through the night. I try to remind myself that they were sick for so long, and they still aren't taking in enough solids to make a caloric difference, but I just fear that we are establishing really bad habits that are going to become harder and harder to break...

No comments: