Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Katie is catching up!

The babies had their last synagis shots today and were weighed and Katie is obviously tired of Tyler being bigger! Katie is sixteen pounds exactly, and Tyler is 16.2. That is still pretty small but they are finally in measurable percentiles - they are both in about the 10th percentile for weight. Their length wasn't measured but I am certain they are still pretty short comparatively speaking.

Poor little Tyler woke up with his eyes matted and a worse cough - he has gotten yet another cold. But, he is still pretty happy and they both are doing good. Tyler is a rolling fool now - he rolled from back to belly last night and as soon as you put him on his belly he goes straight to his back, anytime now I expect him to figure out that he can roll to get where he wants. Katie is doing better with her stranger anxiety, still no rolling but she has started in the last couple of days really working to get a toy that she wants and is also obsessed with her feet (like Tyler).

Overall, the kids are doing good. We are going to a friend's birthday party for their little boy this weekend and it is during their "naptime," so we'll see how that goes. On weekends their naptime is really loose anyway so it probably won't be that big of a deal. Lance and I are going out tonight and I am really excited to get out but worried that we don't need to spend the money - times are tough but I figure you gotta have a little time with each other and away from baby duty so I am going to chalk up the spending to doing something good for my mental health! So-So and their Grandpa are watching them, it seems that everytime they babysit there is some issue that makes the babies not on their best behavior - today they had shots, Tyler is sick, Katie will probably have it too by day's end, and the doctor visit messed with their morning nap, so fussiness will probably be their MO tonight too, but I hope not!

No comments: