Friday, March 13, 2009

Well, peas are a no go!

We tried peas last night as their new food of the week and they were not big fans. Katie actually gagged the first time I gave her a spoonful but I thought it was because of a new taste or texture so I tried again. The second "bite" produced massive gagging followed by an upchuck. Needless to say I stopped with the peas! We may try again somewhere down the road but it scared me enough (because she doesn't really have the hang of the whole vomiting thing and looked like she was choking) that I'm giving them a pass on the green vegetable for now. Tyler ate it but didn't like it. Tyler will eat anything really. I don't know if it is because he is learning new stuff like toe sucking and excited "running" in place, or what but his sleep was majorly off last night - he woke at about 1:00 and didn't really go back to sleep. Part of the problem could be that our daycare was closed yesterday and today and their nap schedule was really off too. We just can't seem to get them to nap outside of their swings and after about an hour of crying we usually relent and put them in the swings, where they promptly fall asleep. Definitely not a good policy since they will soon outgrow them, but they need sleep or they are almost unmanageable! I brought them to work with me this morning to let Lance get some work done and after an hour had to just tell my boss that I was taking a couple of personal hours because they were just soooo grumpy and fussy that I couldn't get anything done. Katie's stranger anxiety doesn't help matters either!!!

I hope to take some new pics this weekend. They have fun Spring outfits to model but since it has turned cold again they haven't had a chance to wear them yet. I so hope we don't skip right from Winter to Summer without a chance for them to wear some of their sweater/pants sets.

1 comment:

Mrs. Katherine said...

Peas were Harper's first veggie. She liked them and is still good about eating them. Avocado made her gag though; and you're right, it is scary! But she got over that, and avocados are one of her favorites now. Hang in there!