I really love this age! The kids are able to get out and do a little more and have such a good time with new experiences and fun places. Yesterday we went to a birthday party for a friend's little boy who turned two. That meant lots of kids, a big fire truck that made an appearance, and all sorts of strangers talking to them! It could have been a disaster, but the kids did great and had a fabulous time! Lance and I wondered when we got home why they usually (gosh, I'm probably about to jinx us big time) behave so well when we are out and about. We figure it is because the worst thing in their little lives is to get bored and sitting around the house with us playing with the same old toys and doing the same old things means major boredom. Maybe that's why they are constantly asking us to put their shoes on and running up to us and saying "bye bye."
They certainly weren't bored on Saturday - in fact, they were pooped after their big day! Saturday morning we went to the Adventure Science Center with their grandpa. They didn't really "get" many of the exhibits, but they sure enjoyed running around touching everything and looking at the lights and trying to steal the balls that were part of displays! Tyler, of course, would have been content to sit in the preschool area and just play with the legos - that boy loves legos (I might have to get him some for his birthday since he isn't quite as enamored with the bigger blocks). Katie just wanted to run, run, run and did, all over the place - especially the body exhibits. Thankfully, she has gotten into a stage where she thinks she is dragging me along to show me things so she will hold my hand or else I wouldn't have been able to keep up with her. She is definitely Miss Independent - anytime she is being carried now when she doesn't want to be she just incessantly says, "down, "down." Of course, when I want her to get down, like when I am trying to cook dinner or clean up their neverending messes, she wants to stay attached to my hip! She is a spunky one, that's for sure and somehow is becoming a little girly girl. She has started trying to wrap her baby doll in a blanket, and still feeds her, and now will put her in the dump truck and push her around the house (I'm on the lookout for a little stroller or a baby crib for her birthday). Daycare says she tries to turn everything into a bracelet, she prances around if she is wearing a dress as if she thinks she is too cute, she loves to brush her hair and mine - she is just a little priss. She is still a bully, too though, and she is the first one to be found speeding around the house on her little ride-on toys or telling us what sound a truck makes.
After the Adventure Science Center we went to get some lunch and So-So met up with us. Katie showed off her new skills with a fork. Tyler would rather just be fed these days, lazy little thing. I have to admit, though, that it is pretty cute when he starts opening his mouth at Katie and she feeds him with her spoon or fork. They went home to nap (and fell asleep quick) and then when they woke up we decided that it was such a pretty day that we would take them to the Vanderbilt baseball game. We had two tickets and assumed that the kids would not need a ticket since they would be on our laps. Well, we were wrong - every person who enters needs a ticket (according to the ticket taker even if they are 3 minutes old). Luckily, someone walking out gave us a handful of tickets that he wasn't going to use since they moved the Sunday game to a Saturday doubleheader and we all made it in. The kids enjoyed the game for about 5 minutes, but then preferred playing under the stands. It was fun, though, to be out in the sunshine and to at least see bits and pieces of the win over Kentucky.
At my new job I don't have Good Friday off, but the kid's daycare is closed (and I so hope Lance has to work) so I may take the day off too. It is supposed to be 80 and sunny - woohoo!!! Saturday we are going to an Easter Egg hunt and hopefully the next post will have some cute pictures! Now, though, I must do some "google research" to find out if there are any locks for water faucets (and then I will work too, of course). Tyler is infatuated with turning water on and putting his hands underneath the faucet and catching the water in a container and pouring it out, etc. The only one he can reach is when he is in in the bathtub so it isn't that big of a deal, but I worry because we have one faucet in the tub for hot water and one for cold and of course he always turns the hot on. It doesn't immediately get hot, so I will probably be able to turn it off before it could burn him but I would like to just be able to lock it somehow so it doesn't work when he tries it and then maybe he will lose interest. That is just one of the many safety things I have to get soon - I also need bed rails, doorknob covers, helmets (how I am going to find those for their little bitty heads I have no clue), an oven lock... Yikes, where did my little, bitty babies who couldn't cause all of this trouble, go?
No comments:
Post a Comment