Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Playtime on a Spring Day (Finally!)

Thanks to warmer weather, sunshine, and Daylight Savings Time the kids got extended playtime today! They didn't have dinner until about 6:30 (Dad wasn't home to keep us on schedule) and got to play on the deck. I couldn't let them down off the deck, though, because corralling them would have been impossible. We had already had lots of commotion - from letting them walk to the house on their own from the car only to have them veer off and "convince" me to let them go into the backyard, to then letting them play on the slide and running to unlock the door and let Marley out with us only to find that she was trapped upstairs. So, then I had to grab them both kicking and screaming because they wanted to stay outside (and climb the deck stairs on their own) and wrangle them both into a safe carrying position to bring them in and go upstairs and let Marley out. They, of course, then followed me to the stairs and by the time I got to the top to open the gate for Marley Tyler was halfway up and attempting to see if he can now walk up stairs instead of crawl on all fours. We then got settled with milk and Barney and all was great until I got the bright idea to let them play outside. Well, they loved it but then meltdown number 2 ensued because they absolutely did not want to eat or go inside and in fact wanted to get to the grass instead of the deck. Gosh, I could not imagine being a single twin mom or even one whose husband didn't pitch on! That whole calamity of an afternoon would not have happened if we were both home, but the minute one of us leaves the duo with only one of us it seems like the trouble multiplies!
One of them had it wrong obviously and I don't remember if I asked them to show me their ear or their teeth!
Two classick Katie looks!


















and two "Tyler looks too.


















They had fun though, and that's all that matters!





















No comments: