Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to Bug and Bear!

Well, Tyler and Katie are two today!!! I left the camera at work so their first pictures today are really bad since they were taken with the camera phone. They were sung the birthday song this morning, dad made them waffles (and they got the cereal bars they demand), they will have cupcakes at school, and they are telling everyone Happy Birfday. Tyler prefers to say Happy Birthday Ray Ray (he remembers that from a couple of months ago) and Happy Birthday Dada (guess he know it is coming up). Poor Tyler still has the rash and is a little swollen looking, but he seems to feel fine and they said that we didn't need to do breathing treatments (woohoo).

Some pictures from the morning of their 2nd birthday!!!
Katie is glad to have Tyler back with her at school and gave him a Happy Birthday hug on the way out the door. Really, though, she had her best day at school ever yesterday without Tyler there - figures. Katie has her blanket and a cereal bar and she is content!

This was the face I got when I told Tyler to smile. You can tell his face is swollen and red here, but it shows the shirt he is wearing for his birthday. I tried to be crafty mom and make them Birthday shirts, but the simple iron-on project was a little much for me :). I wanted them to wear their names for school - but the Mary/Katie situation is taken care of anyway. They have a policy against nicknames at their school, and try to teach them the name that they will write, etc. and thought Katie was a nickname and Mary would be the name she was using. Once I explained that we have just made Katie's life difficult and she will actually be using Katie and have to tell every teacher that her name is not Mary, they understood and will start calling her Katie from now on.

Happy Birthday to my sweet babies, who I guess can't be called babies anymore! It is just so hard to believe that they are already two!!!

No comments: