Well, the kids definitely have a new favorite word - mine! This morning we woke up to them arguing (heard in the monitor) over "my daddy," "No Katie, my dada!" They do it worse with an actual object and I swear Katie would be a fantastic wrestler because she has perfected the take-down move on Tyler whenever he has something she wants or thinks is hers! They are all about the word "no" these days too. Usually it is to each other - No K -tee, no Tyla, and they like to put each other in time-out. The hitting is escalating too and we are trying to nip that in the bud, but it seems like a natural instinct when they get frustrated with each other. They seem to be doing pretty good in separate classes, but do miss each other. Today Tyler had to stay home with a rash and slight fever and the whole way to school Katie said bye to Tyler, talked about his seat, and said "luv you Tylie." So sweet. They are doing a bit better at school - what really helps is that the weather has been nice and they have been playing outside when we arrive in the mornings which they both love. If they are outside both of them run out and don't give me a second glance. The challenge on those days is just convincing them to get in the door without me having to pick them up and force them inside. I do think they are learning so much - Katie is constantly singing her ABC's and doing better with the order and how many she knows and they are both counting and tell us repeatedly when they have two of something (our little hoarder - Tyler - really loves it when he has even more than two). They are learning new songs and starting to talk about people (I don't know if they are in books or people in their classes), but they aren't quite clear enough for me to figure out exactly what they are trying to sing or tell me. They are doing really well with their words (when they aren't whining), and starting to understand emotion. They still fight me to get dressed in the mornings, but my sweet boy will come immediately and put his clothes on if I tell him that mommy is sad that he won't get dressed :)!
I can't believe that on this day two years ago I went to the hospital thinking that it was the first of many visits as is common in a twin pregnancy, only to find out that we would meet K&T the following day. We haven't done much at all for their birthday, but hopefully they won't remember and I am sure when they get old enough to know what birthdays and parties are all about they will make-up for a low-key one this time! We are planning to take them to Chuck E Cheese tomorrow night since they love pizza and games. We are going to take some cupcakes into their class and then just do a little cake party on Sunday afternoon. I was going to try my hand at making these Elmo cupcakes that were recommended to me (they LOVE Elmo), but I attempted to make them birthday shirts that didn't work out so well so I am probably not going try to force a creative side that just isn't there in the baking realm! All of these plans, of course, depend on Tyler being ok. He hasn't required a breathing treatment in months, but it sounds like it might be necessary this time. He has an odd rash that is all over his body and face and is just a little fussy - but overall we would probably not even be taking him to the doctor if we didn't want to make sure that the rash is viral rather than an allergic reaction to something that he may be newly in contact with at school. We'll see and hope that all is A - OK and we can proceed with birthday plans as intended. Thomas the Train is in town this weekend and Yo Gabba Gabba is coming in a couple of months (although the show is at 7:00 oddly for preschoolers) so we may do one of those things to "celebrate" their birthday a little late since they are all about Thomas and Brobee too!
No pictures - but I will definitely take some tomorrow (so you can all see the debacle that I am calling t-shirts that I tried to make). Sorry I have been lax in updating here. I am settling in to the new job and getting used to being with the kids 24-7 with no time to really get anything done unless I want to wrangle them both for errands after work, and I think I am getting a better handle on time and expectations, etc. As far as what we are working on or considering right now - stay tuned for updates on our toddler bed adventures (we still need to do that soon and I intend to get some bedding for them in the next couple of weeks and convert the beds), and potty training progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment