Friday, March 18, 2011

Not Literally!

Still don't have pictures, but I had to share a funny story. We have noticed that Tyler appreciates having things explained to him and really talking about why we are doing something - i.e. we don't want you to climb on the table because you might get hurt. To which Tyler responds with something like oh, don't climb on table I don't wanna get hurt - which works much better than the former method of a stern no and time out and him just giving you a mischevious look when he is released and doing it again. So, his teacher at school said that he is staying dry and going on the potty frequently and that she thinks he is ready to really start training too which means that on the way to school/work this morning I decided to talk to Tyler about telling his teacher when he has to go and not to pee pee in his undies, etc., etc. He seemed to understand and said that he wanted to wear undies and that he wouldn't go in them, and that he would tell us when he needed to go. A few minutes after that conversation he said - momma I have to poopoo. I said thank you for telling me and asked him if he could hold it since we weren't that far from school. He looked at me kind of quizically, but said yes. I went back to driving and then looked back to Tyler being somewhat of a contortionist trying to do something with his hands while still buckled in the carseat - yep, he was trying to "hold" his poop like I asked him to. Luckily, he didn't manage to figure out how to do it - but it was a good lesson for me, Tyler has always been very literal and I need to remember that when giving instructions!

Things are starting to get very busy, but I will get some pictures taken one weekend soon - there are sure to be opportunities since I need to get the kids enrolled in swim lessons again, I know they are going to want to ride the train at the zoo and see the trains at Cheekwood in April, and we are doing some traveling to see family and my new nephew soon! With all that goes on in the Spring/Summer at work and at home it would be so easy to just say that I don't have time for tennis right now (especially considering that the club I play at has new policies which mean too many new fees), but I love, love playing in this league and at this time of year and with these ladies, not to mention that it is the only exercise that I seem to be able to find the time for, so I'm not giving up yet! Needless to say, posting may be a bit sporadic in the next few months, but I'll try to keep you updated - now that the kids can have conversations with us we are realizing that they are both pretty funny little munchkins so I'm sure I'll have lots to share!

No comments: