Monday, March 28, 2011

So hungry...

One of things I appreciate most about my children is that they, so far, are not picky eaters. They like to eat and will try most everything. They are, of course, pretty vocal about things they don't like but luckily they are fruit fanatics, they will eat most vegetables (although if given an option they will choose the other things on their plates unless it is carrots or green beans), will eat most any meats, love broccoli and salad if it can be dipped, will eat anything with cheese, love milk and water, and even tried sushi the other day. The doctor said not to worry at all about the fat content of anything that they eat, so we usually just let them have whatever they like within reason - which usually means that they get a second cup of yogurt, another piece of cheese (on some days only yellow cheese will do, however), or another cup of fruit if they say please. So, I shouldn't have been surprised at what I heard when the other day I mentioned to their teachers that they would be in school early and would need to eat breakfast. I thought I was helping with their food numbers because the kids don't usually eat breakfast since they get there right at the cut-off and have breakfast at home and I though school might need to order two more breakfasts from the kitchen. When the teachers looked at me oddly and said oh, they eat breakfast every day -are you feeding them too? - I couldn't help but laugh. Yep, the munchkins have been having breakfast at 7:00 at home, and then at school I guess what they consider a mid-morning snack at 8:30, lunch at 10:45, and snack at 2:3o. Their teachers did say that they seem to pick and choose depending on if they really like something or not so I guess we will continue to give them breakfast and let them see what is offered for morning snack! We had a birthday party yesterday at Gymboree Play and Music and it was fabulous! The kids loved it. I was rushing around Saturday to take them after I got done with my tennis match only to find out from Lance (who was meeting me there) that it was actually on Sunday (the invitation said the date, but not the day and I stupidly just assumed that date was a Saturday). I was annoyed at the hassle of trying to get there on Sunday only one day after the Saturday debacle, but it was definitely worth it. The kids were laughing and dancing, and jumping and giggling the whole time and woke up this morning talking about things they did - so fun!

No comments: