Thursday, March 3, 2011

Where's the other one?

It is Dr. Seuss week at school and each day the kids are supposed to wear something along with a theme - Monday was red and white day, yesterday was Wacky Wednesday, and Friday will be pajama day. They did fine with those days, but Tuesday and today we had a bit of trouble :)! Crazy socks day was Tuesday and mixed up shoes day was today and Katie, in particular, did not understand why I was trying to put two different socks and shoes on her. She kept asking where's the other one and flat out refused to wear two different socks. I guess it is pretty funny that we try to teach them matching and how they are "supposed" to dress and then throw that all out the window on certain days. Something they have been reading must talk about friends, because they have been telling us the names of their friends a lot lately, and when we get to school they will say "my friends are not outside yet," or "I have to go say hi to my friends." That worked, today, to get her to wear two different shoes - I told her that her favorite friend would be wearing silly shoes too! Tyler even has his first girlfriend, or at least that is what he calls her, BUT he also has a boyfriend :)! I think he is taking it very literally - one is a girl and is his friend and the other is a boy and is his friend too! Things are still going really well at school, although Katie has backslid on the potty training. She has completely lost interest, and it is probably our fault. We need to get more diligent about it since now they really are the age they are supposed to learn! The hardest part is that we have a drive home that can get long with traffic so I put her in a pull-up then and I need to just trust her and see what happens! Although, I know what happens when she gets home and engrossed in playing or a tv show and that is what I fear will happen in the carseat :)!

I don't know what they are all looking at and why nobody would smile, but they really have had fun reading Seuss books all week.



The kids are still whining and acting bored quite a bit, but things are looking up because it is finally getting warm which means outside play time at school and at home to wear them out and keep them entertained!!! I have been scouring consignment sales looking for a sand and water table, a sandbox, or other outdoor toys in anticipation of time in the backyard. Soon we'll be able to get a little baby pool too and that will surely be fun for them again this year, and eventually I want to get a swingset. I've also been looking for some Spring and Summer clothes at the sales too, but have been disappointed so far. Apparently, little girls wear dresses all the time in spring and summer and I just don't think that will work at school since Bug loves to run and play, and swing of course. Katie will probably never get bored with swinging, but I admit that I do get tired of pushing well before she gets tired of swinging! Luckily, I am enable to enlist Lance to take-over pushing duties every once in a while - and soon, maybe we can teach them to swing on their own.

No comments: