An online "journal" that keeps track of the day to day fun and adventure involved with raising boy/girl twins, and chronicles the milestones, and picture memories of Katie and Tyler.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Ear Infection :(
Well, I mentioned in the last post that Tyler has been extraordinarily grumpy, with toddler-like temper tantrums and lots of whining. I still think a lot of it is his age and wanting to be completely independent, trying to sort out fair and unfair, and understanding emotions. Last night he said "you were a mean mommy today but I will still hug you because I love you" - because he and I had to leave Publix because of his behavior before he got a cookie or got to pick out snacks for school - and I think some of that was ear pain and some is just that he is testing every boundary he can right now. Nevertheless, I did take him to the doctor and found that he has a really bad ear infection. Finally, yesterday he mentioned that his ear hurt and when I thought about all of the swimming he has been doing plus the fact that he has been stuffy for a month a lightbulb went off! I gave him some Tylenol and he was my happy, a lot less grumpy Tyler again - yeah! He is still Mr. Tough Guy and I have no idea how long he has been dealing with ear pain, but glad that we can get him some antibiotics and give him some pain medicine to hopefully make him feel better soon! The doctor did check his breathing after commenting that he hasn't seen him for a while and sound he sounded great despite having a never-ending cold (new school and I think we are all just passing it back and forth) and a cough. So glad that he seems to be getting better and getting over congestion without steroids and breathing treatments!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment