Well, we are in week two of the new school and so far everything is going well. I was really encouraged that both of them were excited last night to tell us what sounds letters made and Katie, especially, seems to enjoy the new school's method of teaching that is more play-based. They are in the middle of a health and safety segment that focuses on self-esteem this week, and yesterday Tyler amused the teachers when they asked him "Tyler, what makes you unique?" The teacher said that he looked at her and kind of had a "well, duh" kind of voice and said "I am a twin!"
No big plans for tomorrow's holiday - but we probably aren't going to see fireworks. There is a ban because we have been so dry and hot which means that I am sure the public displays will be super crowded and I am not too keen on fighting crowds in the heat with two three year-olds (almost 4, though, amazingly) who aren't used to staying up so late and will probably be scared, anyway! They seem to be scared of everything these days - kid movies that you would have no clue would be frightening are to them - like the "mother" in Tangled and any super-hero cartoon apparently, and they are starting to complain about dark - but I don't know if that is because they see nightlight commercials and think they supposed to be scared or if they are trying to get the nightlight!
They are decked out today at school thanks to Ray-Ray! Lance had them chanting USA and Tyler wouldn't let go of his "tattoos" that I picked up for him yesterday that he thinks are the absolute greatest. Lance definitely does not think it is a good idea to encourage them to like and want tattoos, but I couldn't pass them up in the Target dollar bin :)!


No comments:
Post a Comment