I know we have no idea what the kids will do one of these days - but it seems to be a popular question for preschoolers and it was up on the board at the kid's school recently. Katie said she wanted to be a "kid doctor," probably to differentiate between Tyler who wants to either be an "animal doctor" or a fire fighter or a teacher! I really think Katie is going to be a race car driver, or if she wants to stay in medicine :) maybe she'll drive the ambulance!
That girl is obsessed with driving and cars of all sorts - this was the ambulance at the Adventure Science Center but they also have another car that she stalked to get in the driver's seat, she plays with Tyler's cars as much as he does, and she begs to ride her bike all the time! When we go to the beach in August I am definitely going to see if we can find some go-carts or bumper boats for her - she will love it. Mini-golf is also on the agenda and they both would love that. They are always swinging the little plastic clubs that we have and Katie likes to cuddle up next to Lance and watch "Daddy's golf show" with him. She is too funny when she is watching because she dramatically exclaims, "oh, no he didn't make it" every time they hit a shot.
They both loved the fishing exhibit that is new at Adventure Science, and I think sometime soon I am going to take them fishing while Lance is working one Saturday or Sunday. If I don't think I can manage the two of them at a real lake I might just go back out to the Trout Farm, even though we may have to purchase fish instead of catching them considering our track record of fishing prowess. Tyler especially like that whatever they "caught" then fit into a puzzle - it was like Tyler Toy Heaven!
I think I am way behind the trend, but I am really loving these monthly boxes that people are having sent to themselves with all sorts of products. They seem to have one for beauty products, new mom stuff, arts and crafts projects to do with the kids, and my absolute favorite - WittleBee. It sends you a box of kids clothes to your specifications and the child's interests and favorite colors, etc. - monthly! It is kind of pricey when you are buying for two at $40 per month, but I did find out that they will split the boxes or send a boy box one month and a girl box the next. How cool is that? With our good fortune of friends who lend us clothes for Tyler, family hand-me-downs, and gifts we probably haven't spent $80 per month on clothes for them. But, we certainly have spent $40 - especially when you consider that the boxes will sometimes include socks, hair accessories, underwear, swimwear, leggings, and other seasonal items. They are moving into sizes that they will probably be for longer than they have been which means two things - the borrowed clothes we have been getting will be less because the kids we are borrowing from will be able to wear them longer, and especially when the weather changes we will have to fully outfit them since they can no longer wear jeans, pants, etc. from last year and don't have any waiting in the wings from bigger and older children. OK, OK - I am rationalizing (maybe practicing for my pitch to Lance), but I think it is such a fun idea and the reviews say that the box of stuff is worth at least $100 if not more and some of the things I have seen are super cute - especially for boys who are harder to buy for, in my opinion. I will probably try it in the Fall - and the kids absolutely love getting mail and especially actual things for them so I will probably split a box even though that means only a couple of things for each instead of minimum six, but they will both get something (to avoid the fighting and whining about fairness that has already started) and it will be plenty since most of their days are spent in play clothes at school!


2 comments:
The box or boxes would be a good birthday present!
Good idea, and amazingly their birthday isn't too far away. I can't believe my "babies" are going to be 4!
Post a Comment