Friday, May 10, 2013

Me - According to the Kids

At school the kids did this questionnaire about me for Mother's Day.  Their answers were really funny, and made me realize they don't know me at all  :)!  When answering "what is your mom really good it" they both said cooking/baking - ha!  Tyler said that he likes baking with me - that makes the frustration of letting them "help" worth it - because it can sure be trying to let them crack eggs and get shells all in everything, to say don't touch it's hot a million times, and to really slow the whole process down trying to figure out what they can do!  When asked what does your mom do to relax - Katie said "sit in a chair," and Tyler said "first she is downstairs and then she comes upstairs and sleeps."  Pretty funny that they think I am "relaxing" when I am downstairs listening to them run around when they should be in bed and having to go up and down the stairs to reprimand!  Both of them answered - "where does your mom like to shop" with Publix.  Ummm - definitely not my top shopping venue of choice, but it is where I most frequently visit and actually make purchases.  Katie guessed that I am six years old and Tyler didn't even make a guess!  If they could buy me anything Katie would get me a wallet (?), and Tyler would buy me sweet tea  :).  They both very sweetly answered that what they love most about me are hugs (Katie), and when she gives us hugs and kisses at bedtime (Tyler).  They are too cute and it was a fun card to get.  I let them help with dinner tonight (breakfast for dinner so it was easy) and really am going to try to teach them to play tennis soon (so hopefully they will realize I can do some things relatively well other than making scrambled eggs). 

We are all getting very excited for Disney (us more than the kids at this point just because they have no idea what to expect).  I picked up a bathing suit for Katie (and me) today in preparation for our visits to the Disney waterparks and time at the pool this summer.  I felt a little guilty because I know the only thing I should purchase at this point are things they can wear to school (since it is only a little over two months away) - but I am sure we will get plenty of use out of them and I got a great deal - $15 for my suit and $8 for Katie's.  My so lean little boy can still wear all of the hand-me-down bathing suit trunks that he used last year and hopefully can incorporate a few more that fell off of him last year.  They are both still relatively small compared to others their age, and Tyler is in that strange stage of needing longer pants and shirts (with bigger head holes), but still really needing 3T for the waist - or at least an adjustable waistband.  For that reason I am holding off on uniform purchases in case there is a growth spurt this summer even though everyone tells me that if you wait until right before school starts there are slim pickins.  We still need to get new floaties and maybe a couple of pairs of shorts for everyone and then we should be set for the summer and for Disney - I can't wait for the trip, for warmer weather, and for summer fun.  I know I am strange, but summer is my favorite season.  Long, hot days - fun in the sun, swimming and ice cream, grilling out and seafood (just seems like more of a summer thing to me) - lots of my favorite things! 

No comments: