Lance coined the term "quick-cation" this weekend and it is very apt. We drove down to Florida on Saturday and stayed by ourselves while the kids visited with their grandma for a few days. We drove home on Tuesday and they are still there and will come back next week. I already miss them terribly and just worry incessantly even though I know it isn't rational. They were both super excited to be on the beach with us when we first got into town, but were anxious to see their grandma so willingly went to dinner with us and then on to her house. We kind of wished they were on the beach with us the next day too, but it was great to be able to completely relax and not have to watch out for anyone or anything but the waves and a magazine!
I am also super stressed because Lance and I are now both driving cars with check engine lights on. He is going to have to get something new, but we have to figure out what is wrong with mine and keep it functional for a few more years. Finding the time to take it in should be easier this week sans kiddos, but work is also pretty stressful right now for both of us so it is just something that is on the list weighing on my mind. I am a ball of worry with school starting and obsessing over whether they will do ok in school, if they are truly ready, and if Tyler is going to struggle with fitting in at the new school too, trying to coordinate the kids getting to my dad's and then home (and trying not to demand that they come home now so I can see them), trying to find insurance with a tight deadline of August 1 now that the insurance at work is increasing yet again, etc., etc. BUT, I know the kids are having fun and it is good for them to get to spend time with family - not to mention that we have no child care now or for the first month of school and I know they would much rather be swimming and playing than with us trying to figure out how to work and watch them! My sister even took her kids over to my mom's and they all had a ball playing in the pool - and my kids really love their cousins and swimming so I truly am glad they are getting this experience. Tyler even bowed to "peer pressure" from watching all of the other kids and his sister and started jumping in and ever since has been in and out of the pool with leaps and running jumps. I am so proud of him for finally getting up the nerve to do it and know that he is so proud of himself too!
I can tell all of my grand plans to get things done around here (cleaning out the garage, cleaning for real and maybe even doing some touch-up paint, convincing Lance to get real beds for the kids) aren't going to work out as expected, but I am holding out hope for the weekend. I've gotta do something to keep busy to stop me from getting in my car and going to get the kids :)!


No comments:
Post a Comment