Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Fun!

We have had a lot going on and things don't slow down anytime soon - but we are having fun!

Last weekend we (the kids and I and a friend of theirs from school) went on a Nature "cruise" - which was really just a pontoon boat around the Cumberland, but really fun and it was great to get on the water!


This is the kids last week at their school.  We leave in two days to go to the beach for a couple of days and then the kids are staying with my mom and then my dad.  So excited for a little beach time (my girls trip got cancelled this year and we can't do the usual trip in August because of school)!  Last week the kids were the "winners" on Tacky Thursday dress-up day (and Lance even played along when he dropped them off) and today is Super-Hero/Princess Dress-up day - they sure are going to miss preschool!  I still can't believe that when they get back from visiting grandparents they will start Kindergarten!  I am hoping to use the time while they are away to get everything in order - school supplies, uniforms, backpacks, etc.  Maybe if I keep busy I won't miss them quite as much - since as much as I look forward to a break and they look forward to seeing family, I still miss them like crazy from virtually the minute they are gone!

The kids have had swim lessons (and the final one tonight if no rain since they keep closing even the indoor pool when there is thunder) and are doing pretty good.  Still not swimming, obviously, but they are getting the hang of it.  Needless to say, their floaties are still an absolute necessity anytime they are near water! We, luckily have another month of weekend pool time to work on it even though summer break from school is almost done.  The kids told me today that they want to have a pool birthday party - don't think that is going to happen (sounds way too stressful), and I don't know that when their birthday comes they realize that they will have not seen any of their preschool friends for more than a month, and will have a classroom full of new Kindergarten friends, hopefully.  We will probably just do something with family, again, and try to get them an extra special birthday present.  Tyler really wants a bed with a slide (a loft bed), and they both want "big" bikes so if we can get some closings between here and then hopefully we can make that happen and that will make up for a lack of party!  Starting Kindergarten, turning 5, real bikes, big beds, learning to swim - I just can't believe that my little "babies" are old enough for all of that!

No comments: