Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th!

Well, none of our 4th of July plans came to fruition since it rained, and rained, and rained and is still raining!  We had a fun day, though.  We got our raincoats and rain boots on and splashed around in some puddles, went to see the new Despicable Me 2 movie (really cute), and spent the afternoon cooking ribs in the oven with the kids playing (and destroying the house) all sorts of pretend games, and actually playing really well together for the most part.

It is supposed to keep raining most of the weekend, so I am not sure what our plans will be but I kind of agree with Tyler - he was downstairs playing with Katie early Thursday morning and we overheard him say, "Katie - I am so excited it is a stay-home day - it's awesome!"  They woke this morning and Tyler asked if he was going to Kindergarten today.  I told him no, but crazy to think they only have two weeks left of preschool, will spend a week or so with my family, and then they are officially Kindergarteners!

No comments: