Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lessons

I am so very uncreative. We are still struggling with the nap issue as well as the boredom induced whining and it is driving me crazy! I know what we need to do is get out and do something to keep them awake during the time they are used to napping, and to give them a change of scenery when they are sick of roaming around our house. That became even more obvious today when their favorite thing to do seemed to be everything I didn't want them to - tearing up every magazine into little pieces to put in their mouths, opening the non-closing laundry room door and Katie going straight for the dog food while Tyler closes the door and stands against it to lock us out, or Katie crying when she wasn't held! The problem is that I just can't think of anything to do! It is too cold to go to the park, to the zoo, or anywhere outdoor. It is too expensive to go to Monkey's Treehouse, grocery shopping (for some reason the kids love it), or do breakfast/lunch/dinner. They are too young to go to the Adventure Science Center or the movies. So, I really am at a loss about what to do to entertain 16 month olds when it is cold and you are broke. The good thing is that it is forcing me to get creative around the house - we have had dance parties, built forts, and tried to build lego masterpieces. I have learned some very random things that make them laugh, and watched them really discover each other more and more in the last couple of days. And you know what, I have learned and realized that what the kids really like, more than anything, is spending time with mom and dad and they could care less where that happens!

No comments: