Friday, January 15, 2010

Marley is Getting Better!

It seems that Marley is getting a bit better. She still gingerly gets on the couch and bed, but she can do it now, whereas before she needed help. I'm so glad we took good advice from Lance's dad and just waited to see if she improved! She "forgets" sometimes that she is hurt when she first sees us and jumps excitedly, so I think maybe she is milking it just a little. The kids are so cute with her these days and I am so proud of Miss Marley for being pretty patient. Tyler does especially well with petting nicely. Katie is in a definite hitting stage (which we just can't figure out how to break) and will sometimes try to do it to Marley, but a reminder usually gets her patting gentler or giving "Mar" a kiss.

My little man is developing definite ideas of what he does and does not want to do. He is all about giving kisses and giggles until he can tell it is almost bedtime and then he scurries into the ballpit to "hide" and turns his head if you even think about asking for a kiss. He knows that after bathtime is bedtime and he stays on guard in hopes that we will forget that it is time to go "nigh nigh." They both have some new favorite words lately - shoe, sock, hat, dog - but for Tyler at least the old standbys (mi for milk,ball, book, truck) are still the mainstays. They have been eating pretty poorly at dinner so we have stopped giving them milk when they get home (water now) and Tyler is very upset - he gets his water in hand and goes over to the fridge to repeatedly say milk, clearly wanting us to know that he is not fooled and that although he will drink the water he wants the white stuff! Tyler did take some time off from panhandling for milk last night, though, to show off his new skill - he has learned to twirl around while laughing like a maniac - so cute.

They both love to "dance" and "sing" - they have a toddler gymnastics class at the Y near our house that I want to get them enrolled in if the real estate market ever picks up and we can rewew our membership. They will love it, I am sure, and it will have the added benefit of wearing them out so maybe they will start napping again! Instead of just skipping the morning nap, lately, they have decided that they don't want to nap at all which means unhappy babies late in the day and definitely unhappy parents! Hopefully, it is a short phase!!! If it isn't until next summer that we can start back at the Y, I am definitely going to put our little Water Bug into some swim classes (she still loves to kick and splash and even put her face in) and I think my little wild man will enjoy the kids area they have there since I am not too sure he will be a big fan of swimming! I think swim classes are the way to go because I still can't figure out how I would take the two of them by myself to a pool while they can't swim! You can tell I am anxious for the weather to get better so we can get out and play, or if nothing else for us to have some indoor entertainment options - non-napping, bored toddlers with a mom who has cabin fever are not nearly as fun as exhausted, entertained ones with a mom who loves watching them have a ball!

No comments: