Well, it looks like it is going to be a snow day. I would usually be excited, but the kids have been pretty grumpy and they have a new little cold so it could be a taxing day. I don't really know why they have been fussy - it could still be teeth related, cold related, non-napping related, who knows. It's mostly Tyler and we took him to the doctor yesterday thinking he had an ear infection, but all checked out ok. He still has his cough so maybe he is just annoyed. Luckily, the kids have generous friends and family who have given them great toys to keep them entertained! For Christmas, they got a slide/climbing toy from my Dad that they love. It scares me to death - and we have already had a boo-boo (just got it two days ago), but apparently it is good to have to give them something they are allowed to climb on rather than everything they are trying to climb including all couches, chairs, on top of coffee tables and any toy! They also have this piano/drawing toy from Liz that they enjoy now that they have figured out that putting the pens to the colors makes it sing. Some pictures!
Tyler likes to climb up the slide rather than use the door.

Katie was so happy when she figured out how to slide down on her own.
Tyler is a fan of the tunnel part too!
Katie about to take off!
Their drawing toy - good thing since the experiment with real crayons didn't go so well!

They still love Jack's Music Show and Yo Gabba Gabba too, but that only occupies them for five minutes max. I don't understand how some people say that their kids can watch a whole show or dvd at their age - maybe these two already have ADD!?! They will glance up at it and dance and sing while it is on but certainly won't sit quietly and have tv time - I guess it is good they would rather be active and play, but I admit I am a little envious of people who say they put their kids shows on and they don't have to worry about them moving from that spot for an hour!!! 
No comments:
Post a Comment