We have had a fabulous weekend so far (and pre-weekend Thursday night) thanks to some awesome people who have watched the kids for us! Thursday evening we went to the Vandy/Georgia game and So-So and unnamed Grandpa (still - but soon I think the kids will call him something) had baby duty. Then, on Friday night we finally used the free hotel room that we got a year ago (that expired at the end of this month) and went to dinner last night. Liz came over and stayed with the kids ALL NIGHT, and then did the whole morning routine with them. Marie joined her at the kid's breakfast time and stayed with them until we got home mid-morning. It was awesome to go out and to sleep in a bit and we are so, so, so grateful to them for making that happen. I don't know how much of the story we get but all said that the kids were relatively well-behaved - good news! I've made no secret that I've been worried about finances and there is no doubt that we couldn't afford babysitters and couldn't really even afford to go to dinner (used my blogging money) so it is fabulous to have such caring people (who the kid's like too) in our lives willing to give of their time and nerves :). We are so unbelievably blessed with the kids, our family and friends and I need to remember that more when I get so worried and Shellie-like. It really was wonderful to just get out and be a couple and get a little break (even though we missed them terribly and couldn't wait to get home this morning). Thank you, thank you to everyone for helping us out and for letting us get out!
The consignment sale drop-off is tomorrow and not one item of clothing is hung so I best get to. Thanks to my mom and So-So for giving the kids such cute spring wear too - now I can just sell at the sale and not have to spend my earnings on warmer weather (please oh please come soon) clothing!!! I am probably going to take the kids to the park tomorrow and will try to take some pictures since they absolutely love being there so more to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment